Whether you are purchasing a new gaming device for your children, would like a new TV for the family room, or are considering a new tablet for work (or play), it is important to consider all relevant factors prior to purchasing these devices.
Due to the fact that you will be spending a rather large amount of money on them, and using them regularly, you want to make the right decision when you are ready to purchase. These are a few factors to consider before you buy.
Which New Gaming Device if Right for You?
When choosing a gaming device, you have to consider a few factors, which include:
- What games are you playing?
- What size is the TV?
- How good are the graphics? And so forth. These are some things to help you choose the right system when you are ready to buy one.
What does it do?
Many new gaming consoles today can serve as an entertainment center. Many include: DVD players, online chat and social media apps, online gaming (via the internet), video sharing capabilities, and more. If you are looking for an all in one system, the PS4, Wii U, and Xbox One, are all viable options. On the flip side, if you don't need all the bells and whistles, you can get by with an older system, like the PS.
Entertainment & Media
If this is important to you, systems like the PS3 and 4, and Xbox One are good systems. You can stream BluRay movies, stream video content from sites like Netflix, use social media apps, and even connect directly to your cable service and control everything from the video game console.
Newer systems also include wi-fi connections, updated graphics and characters, touch screen features and more. The Wii U for example has the interactive controller that all family members can connect through. Motion and voice controls are also available with many new consoles today as well.
Depending on the type of games you are playing, graphics will play an integral role as to how well the gameplay and appearance of the games will be. If you are playing fast paced games, such as sport games or shooter games, the graphics card in your new device should be better than that of a graphics card for a system where you are playing card games.
AMD and Radeon are among the top contenders when it comes to quick paced gaming. Consider these, as well as other graphics cards, to ensure you are getting the most out of your gaming system when playing different games.
If you are a fan of Mario games, the Wii, Wii U, and other Nintendo based systems are the ideal option for you to consider. If you like shooter games, RPG, or other mass gaming style games, then PS systems and Xbox may be a better option. All of the latest systems have several games to choose from.
Further, new games are released on a regular basis. But, you really have to decide on the type of game play you like best, and the style of games you want to play, so that you can choose the right gaming system.
So which one do you choose?
It depends. Here is a breakdown for some of the newer systems:
- PS3 is best for gamers who like recent titles, subscription services, and past free downloads. It also has great graphics and is a replacement for a BluRay system. With all in one features built in, and interactive dashboard, you can experience more interactive gaming, as well as optimal gaming with quick paced games.
- PS4 is best for integration (via the Vita system), and streaming broadcast fans. A built in share button allows you to play and share with people from around the world. If you like competition online, and if you want to play against more people, you can do so with this system.
- The Xbox One is best for those who want to create a media center. You can connect several systems and a variety of apps, and the snap feature allows you to connect directly to Windows. This is ideal for those who are looking for an all in one entertainment center at home. You can connect several peripherals, from your music player to PC for more integral game play in one place.
- The Wii U is best for fans of portable console gaming. You can use the portable console anywhere at home, and off TV play means no fighting over who gets to play anymore. If you have kids at home, or individuals who are always looking to play games, this device is going to allow more people to play at once.
The bottom line is it may come down to price for some, or a certain feature (such as portability for others). If you like the newest systems, these are the top newest systems available, and individual features which make them stand out.
Of course price is also a relevant factor. This buying guide for games consoles will not only help you decide which gaming system is right for you, but will also help you break down which features are most important to you as a gamer as well.
Since different systems are designed for different types of players, it is important to keep this in mind, as opposed to simply choosing the most affordable gaming system when you are trying to find the best video game console.
Regardless of which new electronics you are buying, you have to consider all relevant factors when you are ready to make the decision and choose the new gaming console you are going to purchase. These factors will not only help you to choose the right system for use at home, but will also allow you to consider the different features each system offers.
In turn, you will eventually find a gaming system that integrates your style of play, excellent graphics, the best games, and the additional on and offline gaming features which are most important to you as a consumer.